By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

IE and EDGE browser issues

S

seedhula

Hello,

I have problems with IE and EDGE broswer display of the Media Carousel element (from Essential addons for Elementor) and Slider element (Elementor native). They do not display properly. On Edge the pictures are also blurry, but Edge browser only.

In addition, sometimes it seems Elemetor don't pick up edited stuff. It just don't show on the website once refreshing. For example. I've changed the footer because I wanted to make it more user friendly for mobile and it just show the old version on mobile, before the change. Desktop seems to work ok. I don't know what to do about it.

Wordpress: 5.3.2
Elementor version: Elementor PRO - Version 2.8.5
Theme: Twenty Twenty
Web browser: IE and EDGE

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

sms-design

sms-design

With regard to IE & Edge well I could write an essay on that subject gong back many years even to IE6 when we had to run a IE fix due to it being coded wrong on it's px width.

With regard to edits not showing in your browser this is a cache issue either at a browser level or direct from your server. Most hosting platforms have a cache running on the server which you can disable from your cPanel ask your hosting company. But be sure to re-enable when the develop work is complete.

I see your slider is working fine now your using the correct IP - your home page image https://proslik.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Proslik-skupinska-slika.png is 4.5mb you need to reduce that

Incidentally MS will not be supporting IE&Edge beyond 2025, maybe because their browser market share is only 4%

A link to the official Elementor statement regarding MS IE & Edge support.

S

seedhula

With regard to IE & Edge well I could write an essay on that subject gong back many years even to IE6 when we had to run a IE fix due to it being coded wrong on it's px width.

With regard to edits not showing in your browser this is a cache issue either at a browser level or direct from your server. Most hosting platforms have a cache running on the server which you can disable from your cPanel ask your hosting company. But be sure to re-enable when the develop work is complete.

I see your slider is working fine now your using the correct IP - your home page image is 4.5mb you need to reduce that

Incidentally MS will not be supporting IE&Edge beyond 2025, maybe because their browser market share is only 4%

A link to the official Elementor statement regarding MS IE & Edge support.

You're being very helpful! Thank you very much!

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers

Seb

huntmv

huntmv

I am also having issues with my Elementor changes showing up in the Chrome and Safari browsers but not in Edge, even after I empty the cache and reboot several times. Interestingly, some of what shows up (on Edge) are changes that were 3 hours old, changes I made today... but are not up to date.

Do I have to wait for Edge to "catch up," or is there another fix you'd suggest?

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official