By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question I tried troubleshooting Elementor Editor...

HappySquatch

HappySquatch

Hello Elementor community! I hope all of you are having a great day. Everything was going great with my website until this past Monday. I am using Elementor with an Astra theme called Digital Agency. I wanted to add some new projects to my portfolio, so I logged into WordPress, went to my site, clicked on my portfolio page, clicked edit with Elementor and the Elementor editor would not load.

So I clicked on the troubleshoot link and read what to troubleshoot. Some of the options they mentioned I did not try because I am not a technical person. The only option I tried was going into the Elementor tools to enable switch editor load method and that did work. I contacted the folks over at Astra to see if my theme was up to date and they confirmed it was up to date. I did disable all my plugins as well.

I then contacted my host provider to see if they could help. I gave the CSR the link to the troubleshooting article, they told me they made some changes and told me to try loading the Elementor editor again and no luck. So this morning I called my host provider and walked them through the problems I was having. So they looked into the issue. The rep on the phone was trying to tell me the problem is with my PC...I am not sure about that. I just built my PC last month.

Hours later I called my host provider again in hope of talking to someone who actually knew what they were doing. I taked to this guy who seemend more knowledgable than the last person I talked to and he did everything he could possibly think of. The Elementor editor was loading on his end so we did a screen share so he could see what is happening on my end. He tried several things to get Elementor editor to load but nothing worked on my end. He told me to call my ISP and ask them to do a DNS flush, so the DNS flush was performed and I am having the same issues.

I have cleared my browser cache, tried incognito window modes, I enabled and disabled front end editor loader and nothing.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me solve my problem with the Elementor editor not loading.

Thank you for your time.

sms-design

sms-design

Thank you for a very full explanation of where you are at, and I hate to say I need to ask more questions.

Could you help us with some more information about version of
  • wordpress
  • elementor free/pro
  • widgets
  • plugins
  • themes
  • Web browser
  • OS mac/pc/linux
Screenshot or site url which you can add like this **mywebsite.com/mypage may help people answer your questions.

Your first par kind of say's it's a wp config memory issue

HappySquatch

HappySquatch

Thank you for a very full explanation of where you are at, and I hate to say I need to ask more questions.

Could you help us with some more information about version of
  • wordpress
  • elementor free/pro
  • widgets
  • plugins
  • themes
  • Web browser
  • OS mac/pc/linux
Screenshot or site url which you can add like this **mywebsite.com/mypage may help people answer your questions.

Your first par kind of say's it's a wp config memory issue
Hi sms-design! I really appreciate you replying to my post. Here are the answers to the questions you asked:

WordPress Version: 5.3.2

Elementor Free

Astra Digital Agency theme (free)

Chrome Version

Firefox 72.0.2

Widgets: Essential Addons: Testimonial Widget

Plugins:
  • Astra Starter Sites
  • Elementor (free version)
  • Essential Addons for Elementor
  • Facebook for WooCommerce
  • Google Analytics Dashboard for WP
  • Hustle (email opt in pop up)
  • Jetpack by WordPress.com
  • Optin Monster API
  • PW WooCommerce Gift Cards
  • Rank Math SEO
  • Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg
  • WooCommerce
  • WooCommerce Admin
  • WooCommerce Cart
  • WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway
  • WooCommerce PDF Invoices
  • WooCommerce Services
  • WPForms Lite

My website is displaying just fine. No issues on that end. Customers are purchasing my products just fine. It just the Elementor editor I am having problems with. Like I said in my post, I was just trying to add some new logo designs to my portfolio. Any of my pages that I tried to edit with Elementor editor, it loads very slowly.

I really appreciate any insights or solutions you may have to help me resolve this issue.

sms-design

sms-design

Um 1GB that's too high, so basically your telling the system each process can use 1GB and so the system is doing just that on a priority level.

I would suggest dropping that in your wp-config to define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’); or maybe 512mb the reason for this is that it stops poorly written code hogging resources.

HappySquatch

HappySquatch

Um 1GB that's too high, so basically your telling the system each process can use 1GB and so the system is doing just that on a priority level.

I would suggest dropping that in your wp-config to define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’); or maybe 512mb the reason for this is that it stops poorly written code hogging resources.

Ok. I will contact my host provider today as they were the ones who raised it that high.

sms-design

sms-design

HappySquatch

HappySquatch

I raised the limit to 256 and the Elementor editor is still loading slow. I will try raising it to 512 to see what happens.

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official