By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question I have a Wordpress site with custom code I want to move to Elementor

C

Carl

Hi,
As the title suggests, I have a website that I would like to move over to Elementor but I'm not a coder and someone did the custom code years ago, I can use Wordpress no problem but I'm not sure how many issues the custom code will raise (my skills are limited in this area).

My website is bakerfinancial.co.uk, it's the loan payments pages and calculator pages - I'm guessing it's not just as simple as copying the pages over?

Just to add, the pages and fields were created with custom code and Advanced Custom Fields.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Carl.

Last edited:
Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Carl,

Could you tell me what you are looking to gain by moving to elementor ? Seems you have a nice clean base custom theme. I assume its the ability to design/layout pages by yourself without the need of a developer ?

It depends how those pages are being pulled in, are they using custom page templates, widgets or ?

If they are custom page templates then you may need a developer to create an elementor widget to insert into your elementor page, but its hard to say without looking

C

Carl

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I like the site as is but it's the ease of adding new pages, landing pages etc. If I want to make any alterations at the moment I need to edit the child theme and CSS which I can do, although limited.

I'll speak to a developer and see what they say.

Thanks again.

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official