By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question .htaccess file is "missing" in version 2.6.1

Jordy1995

Hi all,

I've got a teeny-tiny problem when I want to edit pages on Elementor version 2.6.1. It appears my .htaccess file is corrupted - the error message tells me it is missing, however when I look for it in my file directory, it is there. I have tried every solution related to this problem mentioned in the troubleshooting note available in the "How to Fix the 'Preview Could Not Be Loaded' Error" post on the Elementor website (please Google it, I don't have enough posts to add links in my post),but nothing seems to work. For now I've rolled back to version 2.5.16, which solves the issue (even though there's no .htaccess file at all in this version),but obviously this is not the way to go for the long term. What could be the problem, and how can I solve this? Thank you in advance. (PS. I'm sorry for the Dutch language in the image)

elementor official

Attachments

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Try downloading a copy of your htaccess for backup, creating a blank one and then running the upgrade.

Once the upgrade is complete add all your custom attributes to the htaccess.

It could be that your htaccess has restrictions or permission problems which makes it unwritable to elementor.

elementor official

skegel

I am also receiving this error. Due to security reasons, my server ignores .htaccess files so even if it existed, writing to it wouldn't do anything and .htaccess file really should be read only anyway.

We resolved the issue temporarily by modifying the plugin and removing the check for the .htaccess file. Not sure why the preview needs to fail if the file is not found. If using nginx, this check wouldn't even happen.

elementor official

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Skegel,

Thanks for taking the time to update the thread with another view/solution. It will surely help others when having the same issue :)

elementor official
elementor official