By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

How to target subheadings within post content in order to style them

K

ksyforth

Hi everyone!

I am new to Elementor, even newer to CSS if at all possible, and very grateful in advance for your help!

First, here’s the context:

- I have Elementor Pro.

- What I am trying to achieve overall is this: I want to have a somewhat different design for different categories of blog-posts, including different color post subheadings within the blog post content. The way I currently plan on handling this is to have several blog post templates, and assign them to the different post categories (but feel free to share if you think that’s a bad idea).

My current problem is to figure out how to style the header tags within the blog post content. The only way I have succeeded in doing so at this point in to add a line of CSS at the top of individual blog posts in the backend of WP (I use the classic editor plugin, BTW). But I fear this is bad practice, and anyway I’d like to do it at the level of the blog post templates, not the individual post pages!

I have tried adding CSS from the Elementor front end of the blog post template (I have only one so far),and I am at least glad that I can affect the content of the entire post content widget. But I’ve failed to figure out how to target the subheadings (h2 header tags, I’ve kept H1 for the post titles). I went on the post page and used “inspect element”, but all I see is that the subheadings are h2 elements, which I already knew. I have tried the following CSS codes, which have no effect:

- selector .h2{color:red;}

- selector .elementor-h2{color:red;}

So, how can I target my h2 subheadings?

Thank you so much if you can help!

K

ksyforth

For whomever this might help: it turns out that not using "selector" in the blog post template does the trick: I went onto the custom CSS for the post content widget (doing it on the entire section works too),and entered the simplest code possible as you would between style tags (except, without the style tags!):

h2{color:red}

and it worked.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official