By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

How to separate menu items from a one-page website to individual pages

T

traces95z

I created my website with four menu items all on one long scrolling page. I would like to change from this scrolling page into individual pages for each menu item. How might this be accomplished?

Thanks.

elementor official
Last edited:
C

Crypto

I created my website with four menu items all on one long scrolling page. I would like to change from this scrolling page into individual pages for each menu item. How might this be accomplished?

Thanks.
Not sure if this place is very active but I will throw in my 2 cents. You need to create new pages. You need to also make your sections into templates so they can be inserted into the new pages, as is. You can try to copy the section and paste it into the new page but I have not tried this and a good chance that when you exit the main page(and elementor) you will lose that copy from the clipboard; if not, and it works, let me know.

elementor official
C

Carol

This is the exact info that I need but...once I figure out how to create a new page. Yes, I'm a newbie! If I have this correct, I create new pages in WP dash/ add name/click on Elementor to edit but I appear to be just adding more content to the one page that I have in Elementor.
OR is the solution shared above: create a new page in WP dash/copy section from Elementor and paste it into WP. I must have this wrong. Not working for me. Note: I am using 2 column layout including both text and video.

Later: I've now located & applying 'Save as Template' now to figure out how to paste this into a Page.

elementor official
Last edited:
T

traces95z

If you have an existing multiple/scrolling page homepage and you are trying to move parts(pages) to there own separate pages, then this is what you need to do:

To create a new page, go to dashboard, find ALL PAGES, click NEW PAGE, give it a title (you can hide it from your webiste later),click ELEMENTOR....there's your new page that you will be building on.

NEXT....

You will need TWO windows of your website open....one with your website in Elementor (where you will be copying) and the other with your website in dashboard mode (where you will be pasting).
While in Elementor mode, copy the section you want to move to its own page (right click, copy) ...don't delete it till you are done. Go to your second window which is the dashboard and open the new page that you already created (from the menu, it should show the title that you had already typed in). At that page, open Elementor and create your section, then paste it there. Voila, you are creating a new page! Then go back to the other window and delete that section from your scrolling front page...or wait till you have finished all of your new pages, then delete everything that you no longer need on your homepage (because you already copy and pasted them to other pages). Do all this, section by section for each new page.

Hope this helps.

elementor official
Last edited:
C

Carol

Thanks for your input.
Yesterday I began creating templates for each of my sections as the previous support suggestion to you.

I've stopped doing that and I am working through the documentation that you have provided.so far so good. Now I can access the New Page (HOME) copied and pasted section! I've returned to WPE to add some more sections. Exciting all is working and then ... I must have wandered off the directions - maybe Published - that is as far as I would stray.

Now I am getting on wpelementor Access Denied when trying to update.
I can't access my long page with all my text and photos - a bit of a meltdown. I am going to leave it for now, go to work and be in a better mindset.

elementor official
T

traces95z

I got that access denied for a couple days. Sometimes if I kept hitting the UPDATE button it would take but it eventually just went away....not sure of the reason behind it.

Try this:

wordpress.org/support/topic/access-denied-while-updating-theme/

On a side note: Once you have created all of your pages, you donèt have to have two windows of your website open. That was just for setting up which I found helpful so I could see what I was doing in front of me. You can now just go in Elementor...copy section....leave Elementor (eyeball at lower left)....Click different menu item to get to that new page (i.e. About, Services, etc.)....click Elementor....create section....paste.

Perhaps you already figured this out.

elementor official
Last edited:
C

Carol

I got that access denied for a couple days. Sometimes if I kept hitting the UPDATE button it would take but it eventually just went away....not sure of the reason behind it.

Try this:

wordpress.org/support/topic/access-denied-while-updating-theme/

On a side note: Once you have created all of your pages, you donèt have to have two windows of your website open. That was just for setting up which I found helpful so I could see what I was doing in front of me. You can now just go in Elementor...copy section....leave Elementor (eyeball at lower left)....Click different menu item to get to that new page (i.e. About, Services, etc.)....click Elementor....create section....paste.

Perhaps you already figured this out.

I really appreciate you staying in the conversation. I've attached my response for reasons your will read.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official