By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question How to replace menu with nav menu?

cezi

cezi

As a new WP user I installed Astra Pro and Elementor Pro. Everything works fine but there is one issue i can not solve. I have the main menu in the top of the page but now I would like to continue with Elementor Pro nav menu with all its settings. But I do not see how to replace the already there menu with nav menu. When I drag the nav menu widget to the page, it shows up under the header while leaving the already there menu untouched. So now I see two menus while the nav menu is not where I want it: in the top of the page. Sounds stupid, I know but after hours of searching I do not see the solution. All the tutorials on nav menu are about its settings, they are quite easy, but nowhere I see how to properly install this nav menu and replace the old menu. I hope somebody can give me a clue, I sent a ticket to Elementor a day ago, without a response.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Hi @cezi
On the WP Dashboard, go to Appearance and choose Menu. Call it something like the Main Menu.

In your home page delete the original menu. Create a new section. On the Editor search for Nav Menu and drag it to the section. In the Editor for the Nav Menu, choose the Menu that you want.
Then Drag that section to the top of the page.

1586021912514.png

elementor official
cezi

cezi

thank you!
sounds easy but as a novice i did not have the guts to simply delete the old menu without fear to destroy my design;
gonna try it right away tomorrow!

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

You don't have to delete the original until you are happy with the new one.
I just do that so I don't conuse myself.

elementor official
elementor official