By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

How to pass-off site to a client built with elementor pro

R

RCreative

Looking for recommendations/best practices on how to pass off a site to a client built with Elementor Pro. Should I leave my EPro license on their site? I'm just concerned with if I didn't, how their site would be maintained after the year is up. How do other people handle this?

elementor official
Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Many service provides have clients sign up to a maintenance plan which includes the licences used.

It depends how you've explained everything to your customer, if they are fully aware of Elementor and how it works then explain its a premium script and if they don't have a maintenance plan for the site then they will need to purchase a licence.

That said, We've got maybe 20 customers on our Agency plan which dont have maintenance plans, they are tiny businesses on 1 - 3 page websites and to be completely honest, they will continue to use our licence as long as they wish, it doesnt cost us anything and it providers a good service.

In some cases we even have some businesses added to our maintenance plans free of charge because the sites are built in such way that its rare they would ever have a problem, if they are hosted on our servers, we'd rather they were maintained and updated all the time as long term it saves alot of bother and again its great customer service.

We mainly allow customers to use our licences if they host on our servers, have maintenance plans, have SEO plans or are long term customers. It's just good customer services and with licences holding 1000 installs we will more than make enough money from those 1000 installs to compensate for the few "good will" clients we allow to use it.

Providing you are in the business for the long haul and plan on renewing your licences, then i dont see a problem being good to your customers. If however you dont think you'll be around and wont renew your licence, then you should make your customers aware and make them buy their own.

elementor official
R

RCreative

Thank you. I've been reading and searching around and that seems like the most logical route to take. Another question I have is that for the clients that don't take on maintenance plans, do you still leave your admin account on the site? Or do you install elementor pro on their account so they can maintain the updates themselves? I'm asking because I was thinking I would simply remove our account from a client's site completely after we were done working together (assuming no maintenance plans). If I did this, however, I wouldn't I need to install Elementor + elementor pro on their account so they can continue using the license...? Is that something you see done typically? Or is there a simpler way? I don't particularly want a client to have access to my user/admin account for various reasons, but I'd like them to still be able to use the license and perform the updates themselves (still assuming no site management/maintenance plans involved). If they did want me to maintain the site for them, I would of course leave my user/admin account on, and be doing all of those updates for them. Just wondering how to handle this as well, open to suggestions.

elementor official
Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Normally we always have our own Admin account, as we'd always assume the client may need help/support or turn into a long term customer.

Obviously if it was clear the customer had no intentions of using us again which is unlikely, then we'd always advise best practice is for them to remove any admin acounts which are not in use.

If that was the case, then obviously at the same time we'd advise that to maintain proper updates, they may wish to take out their own licence and replace ours.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official