By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question How to link button to anchor on another page?

S

Satish Dommeti

I would like to link CTA button to be redirected to an anchor on another page. I am able to redirect it to the page but not to the desired anchor.

Appreciate a quick response. Thanks.

sms-design

sms-design

Put a text widget on the page (mypage) you wish to link to, add in that widget in text mode <a name="chapter4"></a>

In your CTA button in the link url add mypage/#chapter4

With that now working you can change your anchor link to target a section of the page by using a id.

S

Satish Dommeti

Thanks for your quick response. It worked for me.

I made a small improvement. Updated #chapter4 in CSS ID field for the section where I wished to place my anchor. Next, I updated Link field on CTA button with /mypage/#chapter4 and it worked for me. The redirection helped display starting from top of section.

D

debbitage

I have a weird issue with that. It works fine if loading from the same page, but when you click the menu item from another page, the anchor loads under the header nav bar. Why wouldn't it load in the same position but from another page? I put the anchor widget in the right place and it works ok when being clicked from the same page.

D

Daniel

Try YourSiteLink/pagename#chapter4
It should work like this. You have that / after yourpage and that breaks it.

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official