By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

How to dynamically set options in radio/select/checkbox form fields from ACF custom field ?

Samoreen

Samoreen

Hi,

I'm setting up a form in an Elementor template and I'd like to populate the "choices" setting with values retrieved from an ACF custom field. I have tried to use the "dynamic" button and pointed the value to a "text area" custom field containing all the options. This doesn't work.

So, I don't know how to proceed. Which type of ACF custom field should I use ? How should I retrieve its contents to automatically populate the options field of my radio form field ?

Thanks very much in advance.

Patrick

Samoreen

Samoreen

Hi,

I eventually found a solution. Let's assume that you want to dynamically retrieve the option values for a generic option named MyOption. The option values can be found in custom fields named my_choice1, my_choice2 and my_choice3. Here is the code for a replacement of the "Select" type.

add_filter('elementor_pro/forms/field_types', function ($types){$types['my_option'] = "MyOption"; return $types; }); add_filter('elementor_pro/forms/render/item/my_option', function ($item, $item_index, $instance){$id = get_the_id(); $states = [ get_post_meta( $id, 'my_choice1', true ),get_post_meta( $id, 'my_choice2', true ),get_post_meta( $id, 'my_choice3', true ),]; $field_options = []; foreach ($states as $val){if ($val != ''){$field_options[] = $val; } } $item['field_options'] = implode("\n", $field_options); $item['field_type'] = "select"; return $item; },99,3);

Elementor should take this into account, though.

Works fine for me. Hope this helps.

Patrick

M

mates2

Hello, it works fine. Thank you Samoreen. What if I would like to add 2 custom options?
For example: MySelect1, MySelect2

Please help me if you can :)
Thank you!

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official