By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question How to display a custom post type designed using elementor inside a wordpress article ?

J

juempa

Hello everyone,

I was trying to find a solution for the last couple days but it seems I reached my limitations... I hope somebody can point me in the right direction :)

So, what I'm trying to do is :
- to display a content from a custom post type (CPT) inside an article for which the template has been designed using Elementor.
- Ideally my users should use a shortcode to display the CPT in the article they are writing. I want them to use the Gutenberg wordpress editor or the classic one to avoid design discrepancies.
- the CPT needs to be stylized with Elementor to display correctly and be responsive. My users won't be in charge of editing the CPTs but will be able to choose one CPT from many CPTs.

Where I'm at :
- I have my CPTs edited with wordpress classic editor but it's very limited in terms of the design I can do due to needing html and inline css done by hand...
- It seems also I cannot edit a CPT using Elementor... But I could revert back to using pages as the support for my CPTs. I would thus be calling specific pages as shortcodes inside the articles being written, that would be a bit confusing when managing page contents but that would be acceptable.

All in all, what I'm trying to do is :
1/ Use elementor on a single (blank) page to design a specific element
2/ Give a shortcode to my users for them to reference this specific element in their article using the native gutenberg editor

Maybe I'm thinking it all wrong and should approach my problem differently but this is the only approach I could think of.

Again, I hope somebody can point me in the right direction. And I thank you very much for reading this far :)

Ju

elementor official
elementor official