By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question How to align a search icon with the menu (in full width) ?

pierrep

pierrep

Hi,

I'm a total beginner with Elementor, I'm practicing to make a header and I encounter a little problem: I'd like my search icon to stay on the right side with my menu when I'm in full width.
In the icon alignment preferences I've put "right". I also tried to put a fourth column with a spacer to force the icon to stay right but the problem persists.
It's only when I put the main layout in "boxed" that the icon stays in place.

Do you have ideas how to keep this search icon on the right in full width? Thanks.

elementor official

Attachments

A

Amelia

Hello Pierre,

Also a beginner. I gave up on using 'full width' with the header. It's a nice idea but I couldn't get it to work and changed to 'boxed'. Can you make the search icon a menu item so you only need two columns? Perhaps it will work then.

A

elementor official
pierrep

pierrep

Hello Amelia, so i'm using the "boxed" layout now, this is the best (only?) option i have at the moment. Putting the search icon inside the menu seems to be the right solution but after searching everywhere on the net, I couldn't find how to do it. My knowledge in php is also very limited :)

elementor official
A

Amelia

Boxed seems to be most commonly used from what I gather.

PHP? Eeek! It will be a while before I'm going anywhere near that. I'm using Astra theme. It's an option in the customiser. Header>Primary menu>last item in menu. Maybe it's something available in other themes too. There's a simple solution/plugin for just about everything in WP it's just a matter of finding it.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official