By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

How Find HTML, CSS, & PHP Pages for Website Through Elementor

Ryan

Ryan

Hello All,
Is it possible to access a website's master HTML, CSS, & PHP pages through Elementor?

sms-design

sms-design

Ryan what are you looking to do that requires access to these elements, historically everything is accessible.

But a simple mistake in any of the above files can bring your site down.

Ryan

Ryan

Yes, I can do terrible damage to the site with mistakes.

However, I simply need to add a snippet of code to the <head> to integrate Google Console into Google Analytics.

But, I can not access the .html page through the "Appearance" menu in WP, the Editor.

As I understand it, the Editor will disappear if a particular plugin over-rides it. I am assuming that Elementor is that plugin.

Do I need to go through SiteGround?

Or, can I access the master .html, .css, and .php files through Elementor?

Is that possible?

sms-design

sms-design

Ryan

Ryan

So, it true that the Elementor Plugin is the plugin preventing me from accessing the master html, css, and php pages?

sms-design

sms-design

No you can edit the templates from Appearance Editor, or via cPanel / FTP.

But these are the core theme templates so anything add there will be overwritten on an theme update.

You would need to install a child theme and within it's folder structure is a header.php file and this is where you would add your GA code. That way your child theme will not be overwritten by updates.

All WP themes allow you to use a child theme.

Ryan

Ryan

Thank you very much. I sure appreciate the help. That's the answer I was looking for! Thanks again!

sms-design

sms-design

Ryan there is plugin for creating a child theme, but word of warning then adding code to any wp template make sure you have a site back.

And cPanel/ftp access to the wp directory's so you can quickly change things back or you will get the WP WSOD "White Screen Of Death"

Ryan

Ryan

Yea brother, the problem isn't my coding. I've been doing that for 20 years. The problem is that I hate going into cPanel to make minor changes every time. Hate messing around in SiteGround. Would rather just do it through Appearance > Edit Theme option.

But, some darn plugin has removed that option from my WP side menu.

sms-design

sms-design

From your child theme in the functions file you can add

/* Add a note to yourself about this function */
add_action('wp_head', 'add_google_ga_function');
function add_google_ga_function(){
?>
add your ga script here
<?php
};

I mostly have an ftp process running for whatever site I'm working on, and I have 80+ sites I look after.

Ryan

Ryan

OK, now you've piqued my interest. Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Here's the deal. I don't develop sites anymore, haven't in a decade. But, I still understand what's going on with respect to code, though not like I once did. I am, in fact, an SEO strategist and site optimizer.

I've got a situation where I can't integrate Console into Analytics. I have an analytics account set up. And, I have a console account setup. But, I need to add one little snippet of code into the head of the core theme html page to integrate Console into Analytics.

The head of the development team is really anxious about letting anyone have access to SiteGround outside his department and I don't blame him. But, I have to do my job and part of that means tracking individual pages and that requires integrating Console into Analytics.

I don't want to go whining to the CEO and chuck anyone under the bus. That's a bad start to a new job.

I just want to add one little snippet of code to the head of the core theme .html page. How do I do that without a child theme and without access to Appearance > Theme Editor?

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official