By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

How do I use the template from Theme Builder (Elementor) for CPT?

T

TCAby

The essence of the project: equipment showcase, portfolio of projects with this equipment, various articles and pages.
In the beginning, debugging of equipment card design went on records (Post),and there were no problems. Created my own template in Theme Builder, dynamic data from ACF Pro - everything is fine!
But Post is needed for something else (the site will be articles on the subject of equipment and its use).

Description of the problem: It makes sense to create under products and projects CPT (I do not use plugins, in the code is register_post_type with a pre-created taxonomy register_taxonomy).
Next, the template settings Preview Options (bottom left corner, gear) - I put "Generators" (that is, the name name CPT) and specify that All. Similarly, I point out and Conditions in the Theme Builder for the template.

I rub my hands in anticipation - and I'm screwed! The product page only opens with the product name. When I added a photo (as a thumbnail) - under the title on the entire page and the photo is drawn. And that's it...
Decided at first not to bother, in the Generators type I chose the one particular which is in debug mode (i.e. it is in the list, which means that both post and taxonomy are registered correctly) - no way, the result is the same - the name and photo.

What to do and where to dig - no idea, searched the entire Internet... Well, as usual, the deadline is burning, the project should be turned in, and then the "better is the enemy of the good" turned out. All the more so, that all the same to be the same hassle, it seems, and with portfolios (projects) - so that still have to solve.

In short, I appeal to the collective mind!

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official