By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

?How do I get different category-based archives?

S

slouch

I've been trying to use the "Archive Posts"-widget to create several different CATEGORY-based archives of the same layout linked to respective menu items ... which doesn't seem to be possible (... or is it?)

I'm either getting the rows/columns of cards I'd like to have for all results pages or the one-column layout; it's one or the other regardless of how often I try: whenever I succeed in getting the cards in one category the layout changes to the one-column in the other category... back and forth ...

And going back I can't change the settings of the widget because all I get is a one-tile stub, that is, I can't get back to rows of cards; clicking on the "eye" (a seriously questionable solution, by the way) for "settings" doesn't give me the settings option but endless previews that look like nothing I want them to, that is, I'm getting the stupid "stub" ...

That's what I was going for:

mag.jpg

That's what I keep getting:

stub.jpg

Why does the "Archive Posts" widget even have to have a memory? It should be clean, that is, blank, empty when I drag it into the template but it keeps coming with the presets of the archive I last created. And then the mess is starting all over again.

Yes, I did watch the videos but none of them shows how to create a second archive ...
Using the post list widget doesn't work either because it seems to be not giving a monkey's about the categories I want it t o show.

(I'm using the theme OceanWP ...)

Someone must have run into that problem. Of course, I may be exceptionally dense ...

Any hints would be greatly appreciated
Bernard

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official