By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question How can I add section to home page that loops through the 3 most recent blog posts?

09eric09

First time using this page builder as I'm used to just using a query to loop through the blog posts.

I've created a template, which pulls in the 3 most recent blog posts in a 3 column layout, but when I try to insert the shortcode/or add template into a section on the home page, it only brings in one blog post from with no featured image from the template I created.

Anybody have suggestions or a guide they can point me to?

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

You can achieve the 3 column layout pulling posts from the widgets available in ElemPro. Not sure why you created a template.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

@09eric09 Try to make a section and add the Text Editor widget to that section. Inside the paragraph of the text editor, you should be able to place the shortcode [elementor template id="actual template id"] . Once you update the entire page, you should be able to view the page and see the template in action.

@sms-design It is great to know that there is a widget that helps achieve this. But since we are still learning how to use Elementor properly, can you please tell us what that widget is, or how we can call it? Thank you.

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

In Elem design dashboard at the top is a search bar type "posts"

elementor official

Attachments

elementor official