By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Horizontal Blog Filter

mrrosebot

mrrosebot

How can I make a horizontal filter for a page that I want to have filtered my blog post based on the post custom field I am using elemental as my page builder and custom fields with dynamic to input the content information. I would like to filter by genre and or more options Is there anything in element tour that could help me do this?

If not is there some type of basic coding that I could add I tried to add HTML and CSS but without Java I couldn't get the filter active also it did not connect to the blogs in the example that I tried. Please help!

Attachments

• FilmTV_Site.jpg
    FilmTV_Site.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 178
M

Marc

I have kind of the same need.
I want the user to be able to filter my blogposts by categories dynamicly.

the portfolio widget does this kind of with it's filterbar .. but the pagination and further settings are missing compared to the post widget.

would love to recieve some help

need the settings of the picture below just for blog posts

Attachments

• filterbar.PNG
    filterbar.PNG
    236.3 KB · Views: 119
M

Marc

I have kind of the same need.
I want the user to be able to filter my blogposts by categories dynamicly.

the portfolio widget does this kind of with it's filterbar .. but the pagination and further settings are missing compared to the post widget.

would love to recieve some help

need the settings of the picture below just for blog posts
filterbar.PNG

Samoreen

Samoreen

Hi,

@mrrosebot
Having the same need, I recently discovered this plugin : Elementor Super Cat ( github.com/dettogatto/elementor-super-cat - I may not post a link for the moment, sorry)

There is something rather inconsistent with the Posts and Portfolio widgets. The filter bar is less useful in the Portfolio widget since this widget displays a limited, pre-defined number of posts (unless I missed something). So, changing the filtering parameter can cause problems.

On the other hand, the Posts widget has a navigation capability but no filter bar, which is a badly needed feature.

IMHO, both widgets should be logically merged in a single one having all capabilities.

By the way, I still don't understand the following statement in the Portfolio documentation : "The Portfolio widget does NOT work with Galleries.". It can display posts and posts may contain galleries. So what ?

Samoreen

Samoreen

I should add that the Posts widget doesn't support Ajax. Therefore, paginating systematically triggers a page refresh which is rather annoying.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official