By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Help with designing clickable boxes

E

elementornewb

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the super basic question, but couldn't figure it out last night.

I want to create a page with 3-4 text boxes in a row. and when you click on one, text below appears that corresponds to the box. And with each new box clicked the text changes.
I guess this is similar to the tabs layout, but ideally the boxes would be large and separated.

Any help is appreciated!

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

I think I need a little more information.
4 boxes in a row I understand. I would probably use the 4-column layout on that section with only one row.
Where does the text go? Is centered below the four boxes, or under the box that is chosen? Or will the text be a popup?
What is inside the box? Are they images, icons, buttons or other text?

I'll try to help when I understand what you are trying to do.

elementor official
E

elementornewb

Thanks for the response.

The idea would be that the text is centred under the 4 boxes, and only visible on the box that is clocked on or hovered over. Text wouldn't be a popup.

In the boxes is just text. Title of what will be read in the text below.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

OKay, so give me some time to see if I can do that. Then I can tell you how I did it.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

I'm sorry - I need more coffee.
Yes, tabs would be the best way to do it. They can be as large as you want, and they can be border-less so they don't look like tabs. You should place tab#1 as blank in title and in content - So the content is covered by tab#1 until the other tab is chosen.
I hope this helps.

elementor official
E

elementornewb

Thanks!
I'll test it out, but good to know that they can be borderless

Much appreciated

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official