By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Help With A Hack (Might Be Elementor Vulnerability Specific?)

J

johnwade

I’ve been ‘Search Bar’ hacked. I discovered this when I searched the front end of my site this morning for a specific article/post URL. The search page loaded with appropriate results but was immediately redirected to nonsense sites (Install flash plugin etc.) unrelated to my site.

• I was able to log in to the back end. (When contacted regarding this issue my site host reported being redirected when trying to log in to the back end.)
• I can navigate in the back end and attempted to alter and save and test some settings. (I turned off ’Two Factor Authentication’ in iThemes Security to test and turned it back on.
• The search bar in use is not the WordPress default. It is the Elementor widget “Search Form”.
• I am unable to edit my Front Page in Elementor. The page came up after quite some time initially but locked up, prompting the Elementor pop up “Can’t Edit? - Enable Safe Mode’. This allows the page to load but with a never-ending spinning blue wheel.

History

1. No recent plugin installations. Likely Elementor and Elementor enhancement related plugins were the last installed and that was some time ago.
2. All plugins are either auto-updated or checked weekly to ensure they are up to date.
3. I have had installed for several years for site security - iThemes Security plugin.
4. Two Factor authentication is enabled as well.
5. I do not know how long this has been an issue. I’ve had no reports from site visitors.

The site is wwwDOTaskthedogguy.DOT.com

Any ideas on what’s behind this, a fix and how to further improve security? I thought I had this all covered. :(

-John

elementor official
elementor official