By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Help Understanding How To Display Data From CPT Into Other Pages

H

hawkman

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction with how to acheive something - so I can research it further. I've been watching videos and reading nonstop for the past week, and I just can't wrap my head around a couple of things because I am not a developer. The more I read, the more confused I get due to all the different addons available and what not.

So this is where I'm at. So far I've created a custom post type called "reviews" and I'm using acf to display a set of fields in each review such as the logo of the product I am reviewing, promotions, my affiliate link ect.. I've actually got that all figured out pretty well and it's working as expected. Pretty basic stuff with good tutorials on youtube.

Where I'm getting confused is how to now pull in a list of those reviews and insert them onto other pages. So the screenshot below is my review template, and the box at the top is where I'm displaying my custom acf fields on single reviews. It's pretty straight forward.

review-layout.jpg

So from here, I just need to figure out how to display a list of my reviews into other pages throughout the site. The list will need to display my acf fields such as the brand logo, rating, bonus offer ect.. just like the box at the top of the single review template. I've figured how how to list all my reviews with the basic posts module, but I don't see where I can change what is displayed and be able to use my acf fields.

So I would be extremely grateful to anyone that can give me a quick rundown on the best way to achieve this. I know it's likely really simple, but the more I read the more confused I get because there are so many different addons. Or maybe I need to be using different acf fields or something. I just don't know.

Thanks in advance

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Hi,
I'm following you because I don't know either.

If you don't get a quick and helpful response then you may want to post it in the Facebook Elementor Community group.

If you do get a response, please post the solution here for those who are following.

Thank you.

elementor official
D

drosberg

Not sure if I understand the problem but maybe all you need is a plugin to display the posts on a page using short codes?
Worth a try if you haven't tried?

Good luck
Don

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Thank you @drosberg I think the original question was how to get customer reviews onto certain sections of a post page.
In my instance, it is for product reveiews and in @hawkman case it seems to be placing them in the proper post.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official