By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Help Please! Hello Theme

L

LilyM

i hope someone will have mercy on me. I have watched every video I can find, read every tutorial, contacted Elementor Support and I still can't figure this out. I have Elementor Pro and want to use Hello Theme to basically design a single page website from scratch. I must fundamentally be misunderstanding something, cause I can't even get started! I want a Hero Image at top of page with a transparent header overlayed at the top. If I create a page and then create a header in Theme Builder (using either a template or starting from scratch),I then add my Hero image to the page, make the section transparent... and then I have to give a negative top margin value to move image up into the header, But when I do this the text of the Nav Menu part of the header shows over the Hero Image just fine...but the Site Title section of the header gets covered by the Hero Image.

I have tried various other approaches and just can't get this to work. It seems like a fairly routine and simple thing, so I must really must be getting something really wrong. Please someone help me, I have spent countless hours on this. Thank you!

elementor official
B

Beckz

Hi LilyM,
you can give every different part a Z-Index.
If you have for example a picture with the Z-Index 2 and a text with the Z-Index 3, the text will be shown over the image.

If your title section gets covered by the image, try giving it a higher Z-Index number.
Select the title section and click in the upper right corner "advanced".
There you will find the Z-Index.

I hope that helped.

Cu!

elementor official
elementor official