By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

GDPR /DSGVO and Elementor use of local storage and session storage

R

RalphGL

Elementor and WordPress does not set cookies (as long as someone is not logged in),but Elementor stores data in the local storage and in the session storage - which is to be evaluated in principle in the same way.
Unfortunately, Elementor Ltd. does not make any effort to change this, to make this storage optionally deactivatable or even to inform about the reason for this storage. If you want to follow the discussion, see here: h t t p s://github.com/elementor/elementor/issues/7151.
Now it is possible to patch out this storage (see link above),but I would like to avoid this, because the consequences for the functionality of Elementor are not foreseeable for me.
Some are of the opinion that this storage is technically necessary and therefore does not require the visitor's consent. But this argumentation seems daring to me - because there are also websites WITHOUT Elementor, so websites undoubtedly work without this storage.
To me, an appeal to "legitimate interests" (see §6 DSGVO) therefore seems insufficient, at least if the specific interests that make storage necessary cannot be explained.
Simply installing a cookie plugin doesn't solve the problem either, since it would then have to be able to prevent Elementor from storing the data in local storage and session storage if the visitor rejects the storage - with the same unforeseeable consequences.
How do you solve this problem - or do you ignore it according to the motto "where no plaintiff, there is no judge..."?

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official