By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Elementor Theme Template Categories, Astra Theme Conflict

I

IronManIV

Elementor Pro with Astra Pro. The Astra theme has Categories under the Menu for Posts. Elementor also has Categories under the Template(?) menu. If I populate the Elementor Categories with categories, they do not appear to show up when a Post Template is Published. It appears that Categories populated under the theme Categories will show up. Which one should I use? Dumb question right? But, I have been unable to get a Post Template to save and work without errors. I want to use Categories to select from multiple templates. I will try , again by using just the Theme Categories, a fresh sample Post to style, and Publish another theme, but I am now about 4 hours into trying to get just one Post template to work and much of that time has been spent trying to look for documentation. If I watch another You Tube video my head will explode.

Corollary to this. When would you use the Post type "Page" instead of "Post"? Can it work the same as the Post type using Category selectors for templates? Will it also pull in automatically to Archive pages using Category selectors? I can find no documentation of how this type works in Elementor.

Thank you for reading. Jamie.

elementor official
I

IronManIV

Oops. I think I got the answer to this. The Categories under Elementor Templates are to Categorize the templates themselves, not Post categories. I still can't get Templates to work for Posts, but that's probably just me.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official