By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Elementor Pro - To Clients

Historical

Hey,

I'm new to these forums and I just recently purchased Elementor Pro. My question comes down to this. Since we cannot resell Elementor Pro and since we are not allowed to sell a theme with elementor pro features on for example themeforest. How do you developers sell your site or move them over to your clients site?

Do you enable Pro on your clients site? Do you use some sort of migrate plugin and if so which one?

Basically I want to know how you give a theme to a client or sell a theme.

Thanks

elementor official

Community

Administrator
Staff member
As a rule you as a developer, designer or consultant should purchase the unlimited site licence which then allows you to use your licence on as many domains as you wish. So if you build a website for a client, your licence enables their website to keep getting updates.

You should also encourage maintenance plans with your clients so its viable to keep your licence renewed year on year.

You can not resell Pro as a product, but you are well within your rights to sell a service which includes the usage of your licence on a client website.

elementor official

Historical

As a rule you as a developer, designer or consultant should purchase the unlimited site licence which then allows you to use your licence on as many domains as you wish. So if you build a website for a client, your licence enables their website to keep getting updates.

You should also encourage maintenance plans with your clients so its viable to keep your licence renewed year on year.

You can not resell Pro as a product, but you are well within your rights to sell a service which includes the usage of your licence on a client website.
Thanks for your message.

I do have the Unlimited plan. So if I make a theme for a client, when I want to install it on the clients site I can include the pro plugin and have the license set as active? Right now I've been adding it and disconnecting my pro from my license so it's inactive. I thought I couldn't "resell" the use of my license on a clients site.

A second question then if you may, I see people selling themes made with Elementor on for example themeforest. Those developers have their own sites where they showcase multiple designs that they've made with Elementor. How do they showcase these? Are they using multisite? Or is there another way? Right now I'm using multisite but since I don't have the paid plugin (All in one migrate) I cannot migrate my themes. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

elementor official

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Thats correct, you may keep your licence active on your clients sites providing you've provided a service, you obviously have to work out something that ensures best practice is being held for both you and your clients. Obviously keeping your licence renewed year on year is in your clients best interests, hence the recommendation of a maintenance plan with client websites which helps you keep that licence active.

I would imagine many of them are using custom theme switchers, something like this :

https://lovethemes.co/free-theme-demo-switcher/

But I've not personally looked at the elementor themes in particular at theme forest so can't be 100% certain that's what they are using.

elementor official

Historical

Thats correct, you may keep your licence active on your clients sites providing you've provided a service, you obviously have to work out something that ensures best practice is being held for both you and your clients. Obviously keeping your licence renewed year on year is in your clients best interests, hence the recommendation of a maintenance plan with client websites which helps you keep that licence active.

I would imagine many of them are using custom theme switchers, something like this :

But I've not personally looked at the elementor themes in particular at theme forest so can't be 100% certain that's what they are using.
Thanks for your help, that demo-switcher wouldn't work. In their guide they say that the themes have to be in the for example /demo folder and then you move a theme there from the wp-content folder. The theme wont be able to render like that. I really need to talk to someone that uses Elementor and has some sort of demo-switcher etc to see how it works.

elementor official

Community

Administrator
Staff member
I will try and look into it tomorrow, but if you gather any more info in the meantime please come back and post a solution :)

elementor official

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Confirmation From Elementors Ben Pines on the usage of the licences :

523ac940-7dc2-4869-91ae-c8cbda4e395a.png

elementor official

Historical

Yea, I read that.

I stil havent found a good solution for the showcasing themes / demos with Elementor since it really doesen't affect a theme per say, no code goes into the theme files for the layout. So I'm still confused.

elementor official
elementor official