By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Elementor and Elementor Pro greatly increases the TTFB on pages

maykofaria

Title.

Is that normal? I experienced a great increase in server response times when activating elementor and elementor pro. Even after deactvating all other plugins, it still goes up by ~500ms.

The bigger the page (more elements) it has, the slower the TTFB becomes. Of course a few ms is expected, but over 500ms, consistently, is not.

Everything cache related is configured correctly as you can tell from the waterfall.

This is the url currently being tested: dev.chinet.org.

If anyone could shed a light on this subject, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Elementor does add alot of weight, It depends on your page greatly, if you are loading alot of assets and images then its going to be heavier to load.

What is your current server setup ? Do you have memcache enabled on the server ? What cache and optimisation plugins are you using ? I see you are using auto-optimise ?

As page builders go Elementor is the lightest, but it still heavily relies on how light your pages are and what assets you are loading.

It's hard to say without seeing your sites

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Even though your first time byte is longer, your page weight is less and your overall load time is over a second less according to inspector tool.

It's most likely pre-loading some of the assets with Elementor so the First time byte is longer as a result. But the overall performance of the page is better and lighter.

Other Elementor Resources

If you would like to get your elementor resource listed below, get in touch we'd love to do a bit of cross promotion and help the community find even more Elementor Goodies.
  • Coming Soon
  • Coming Soon
  • Coming Soon
  • Coming Soon