By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Dynamic Archive - How to make archive template display different posts depending on which category is selected?

T

tiffanymcr

Hello all!

I am trying to figure out the best way to set up my website. I am using Elementor Pro with the Astra theme, and I currently have four different categories for posts. I know how to set up an Archive page using Theme Builder, and I figured out how to use Queries to determine which category will display in my post display widget.

What I would like to know is how to make it so I can use the same archive template to show the correct blog category depending on which category page is showing. Do I need to create and maintain four separate archive templates? Or is there a way to modify the query for each separate page? It seems like as the number of categories grows, I shouldn't have to copy the template. It should be adaptable, but I'm not sure the best way to make this happen. Thank you all in advance for your help!

S

sonnesworld

If you need several templates or not depends on the content and design. Maybe you can use the helpful function "Dynamic Content" of Elementor Pro. If you change the design maybe you have to make several templates.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official