By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Dividers, background colors, etc. not showing in published page

S

Steve999

Working on a page today and when I create dividers between sections or a border around a section, or add a background color to a section, these show correctly in Elementor itself, but are not visible in my published page. Similar elements on previously published pages show fine. What could be the matter? I did update my Elementor plugin today, to 3.0.10.

elementor official

3quid

Do you have a link for a page that isn't displaying correctly?

elementor official
S

Steve999

Do you have a link for a page that isn't displaying correctly?
The forum won't let me post a link because I haven't made enough posts to have that privilege, apparently. :confused:

elementor official

3quid

Oh... hmm. Tricky

Do you have any custom css on this site? Have you somehow overwritten borders on elements?

elementor official
S

Steve999

Oh... hmm. Tricky

Do you have any custom css on this site? Have you somehow overwritten borders on elements?
I built the site from scratch in Elementor and have not added anything that wasn't provided through Elementor (except my content, of course). As I noted, my previously published pages are all displaying fine. It's only the page I've been working on this week that has the problem.

elementor official
S

Steve999

Wish I could show the page.

I have about a dozen sections (blocks?) for my content. I've applied a background color to most of them. I can see the color in Elementor but not when viewing my published page (I've looked at it in both Chrome and MS Edge).

Also, I've placed 6 divider widgets on the page. I can see only one of them in published view, and that was one that I created a couple of weeks ago when I started work on the page. The others (that are invisible in published view) were placed there when I returned to work on the page this week.

Even when I duplicate the divider that works, it is only the original one that appears in published view. Its clones are still invisible.

elementor official

3quid

Write it like...

mysite dot com ...?

PS Sorry if this breaks site rules? :(

elementor official
S

Steve999

I hope this is OK (I will assume the forum organizers were just being cautious against potentially malicious hotlinks being posted):

noonsunbooks dot com/colorized-history/subject-ukulele-players/

The dividers I mentioned are supposed to appear below each row of black-and-white thumbnail photos. All of the photos are in blocks that I applied (blue) background color to.

elementor official

3quid

Are you running a cache plugin called Fast Velocity Minify? All of your styles appear to be coming from a css file in uploads/cache/fvm ... if so, you need to purge the cache from that

elementor official
S

Steve999

It's fixed! And you gave me the clue to do it.

Yes, I was running Fast Velocity Minify. I deactivated it, then refreshed the page ... nothing.

However, that led me to look at other plugins that might be causing the problem.

W3 Total Cache: Deactivated it, refreshed the page ... still nothing.

Asset Clean Up: Deactivated it, refreshed the page ... TA-DAH! Everything's there now.

(Not really liking the background color now that I can see it live, so I may change or remove it. The important thing is that the dividers are there.)

This is great. Thank you so much for helping me through this.

Steve

elementor official
S

Steve999

Deactivating the plugin also fixed a vertical alignment issue I was having with the photos.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official