By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Discrepancy between preview and customizer / Elementor Page Builder

N

nwesterveld

Hi there,

I've seen similar questions like this before, but so far none of the advice given has helped me out. So before I start, it'd be great if anyone could give me a hint if there's a good faq or other sources that might help.

Just a quick note to give you more context about the person you're dealing with. I 'inherited' the website from my predecessor in our project team who built the website a year ago. Usually we don't change too much, it's just adding posts or if we create a new page, we've been duplicating existing pages and then customized them from that point on. So please don't expect any coding experience, CSS, html or else. This is why we use Elementor ;)

Our problem is that a couple of weeks ago our duplicated pages did not look like the existing pages anymore (looks pretty similiar to the photos attached). Since then we tried the following:

- updated wordpress, elementor pro and all other plugins used (basically Elementor and Hubspot)
- create a template based on an existing page --> makes it better, but still doesn't work (at least header is displayed correctly, rest of the page and footer look completely different --> this is where the photos come from)
- reloaded CSS
- deleted caches from browser
- deactivated all plugins except for Elementor to check if the problem is caused by other plugins
- publish the page temporarily to see whether it only exists in preview-mode

Up to now, we haven't found a solution and would be grateful for any useful hint.

Best regards
Nils

Attachments

• not_working_in_preview_1.png
    not_working_in_preview_1.png
    405 KB · Views: 16
  • not_working_in_preview_2.png
    not_working_in_preview_2.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 16
  • not_working_in_preview_3.png
    not_working_in_preview_3.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 14
  • working_in_elementor_1.png
    working_in_elementor_1.png
    518.9 KB · Views: 13
  • working_in_elementor_2.png
    working_in_elementor_2.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 13
  • working_in_elementor_3.png
    working_in_elementor_3.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 14
  • working_in_elementor_4.png
    working_in_elementor_4.png
    372.4 KB · Views: 10
E

elementor-tww

Hi nwesterfeld
Ich antworte mal in deutsch:
Normalerweise erstellt man mit dem Elementor Themebuilder
1.) Header
2.) Footer
die dann automatisch auf jeder Seite wiederholt werden.

Wenn man eine Inhaltsseite erstellt hat, die auch als Vorlage
für weitere Seiten dienen soll, speichert man diese als Vorlage ab.
Später neue Seite erstellen und die abgespeicherte Vorlage, wie eine
Elementorvorlage, aufrufen. Und das kann für alle möglichen
"Vorlagenseiten" machen.
Da man nicht ganz genau weiß was der Kollege so alles gemacht
hat ist es etwas schwierig hier konkret zu helfen. Da müßte man
sich die Seite intensiver ansehen.
Gruß
Andreas

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official