By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Creating internal links

Sigurd

Sigurd

I am finding i hard to get this post accepted as as,being a Newby, I am not allowed to post links yet! Hope it makes sense like this.

In my existing site internal links are in the format, for example, two dots followed by a back slash then the various folder levels and finally file name to load.
In other words, the linkage is purely internal - from where you are, go up to root level then down to folder tree and find and load file.
With Wordpress it seem that I have to use an external link. In the Elementor text editor, there is an option to select a word to use as a link, click the link button which brings up a list of available pages (though not all),and one can select the page to go to. But the link produced in the box is the full external URL starting with http etc.

I expect this will be a problem when I a ready to move the updated web site (Wordpress) from test.address to address.
My very helpful ISP has provided me a sub domain (test . address) on which to develop the new site and they will then move it to the parent site just address. All the links will need to be changed. I realise I could use a local server but as two of us are working on this, we are using an on-line site.

I hope this makes sense. Hopefully my understanding is wrong and there is a better way of creating links.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official