By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Create Wiki-like Navigation Tree

P

ppprada

Hi,

I want to create a documentation section where I want a vertical navigation tree on the left to navigate through the various documentation sections.
My plan is to use categories and sub-categories which then get filled by blog posts which are assigned to those categories.

The navigation should then automatically update, when a new post has been associated with a new subcategorie.

I tried Helpie. Was actually a pretty bad experience. Poor documentation, some limitations in styling and also quite a few bugs caused by the plugin.

My ideal goal is to build this structure ideally with existing tools (also ok to add some custom code) and avoid several additional plugins (except they are lightweight and do what they are expected to do).

I tried with the ThePlus Addons (which I anyways use because of their MegaMenu) accordion which allowed me to nest accordions to archive what I want. Inside I am using category shortcodes to always get a link list of assigned posts. Works all well.

Only problem I have now is, that when I click one of those links the accordions do not stay open at the section as the whole page gets reloaded. After that it does not "remember" its old status and simply shows the first section opened by default.

Anyone helpful tips?

Thank you

1621423066420.png

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official