By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Couple of basic UI questions

J

jmarcum

First time trying to build a website so take bear with me, please. :)

1. I have Elementor Pro, is it possible to stack widgets on top of one another. For instance I want to do a picture frame with a slideshow inside of it. I assume the picture frame would be an image widget and then on top of that I'd need a slider?
2. How do I get rid of this grey space? Pic attached.
3. HOw do I get these elements to go below my menu? (another pic attached)

elementor official

Attachments

Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Hi,
It's hard to say without knowing exactly what elements you have on the page.
I think you can stack widgets. sort of. If you haver a column, then duplicate the column inside the sectiom - you can drag the 2nd column to below the first column.

To get the effect you want - I would try this:
Make a 1-column section. Go to the Advance tag and use the Border controls to create the Picture Frame affect - with border style, width and color.

Then you make the background of the column a Slideshow - under the Style tag when you edit the column.

What theme are you using? I use Hello theme because the first theme I tried had an ugly large grey footer.
1. Is this coming from the Footer? I think I had to create a site ftr template to keep mine clear. Then
remove the footer,
2. You can try to increase the top margin on the element below the menu. With padding and margins, you can bring it down closer to where you want it. - Or you can increase the menu's bottom margin.

elementor official
J

jmarcum

Thanks, Koni. I watched another tutorial video last night. I was able to get rid of the grey bar by disabling the foot Footer bar on page settings. I used your top to fix the spacing on the heading. On the slide show thing, I really oversimplified my questions. What I really want to do is have a laptop on the page and have a slideshow that looks like it's on the screen of the laptop. And then I want to link each of the slides to videos that open in a lightbox. Or I just want to have videos in the slide but when clicked they would enlarge into a lightbox.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

I'm glad you found solutions!
I'm not sure how to make the laptop showup like that.
I think I would try to make the laptop as the background image inside the section.
Then you may be able to place the slideshow gallery in the section itself. Setting up your margins so the laptop background is the border.
Does that make sense?
I'd love to see it once you have it working.

elementor official
elementor official