By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Convert NL to BR in author bio category page?

E

Exigeous

We're using our category pages sort of a landing page for co-branding our site. One of them lands on the Author page - so the Author bio is what's being shown, the trouble is I need it broken into 3-4 separate paragraphs but can't insert a standard < br > tag without it being stripped by the WP interface.

That means I get one big block of text - thoughts on how to resolve this? The page in question is:

www DOT edtutorials DOR com/author/exigeous/
(apparently I'm too new to post links)

Thanks for any help you guys can provide, I'm learning but am still rather new to Elementor.

~X

sms-design

sms-design

Try using paragraph tags your text editor will need to in text view to copy paste the below. Switch back to visual view before saving to check spacing

<p>CMDR Exigeous joined the Pilot’s............... blah blah blah</p>

<p>In December of 3304, in recognition of his skills............... blah blah blah</p>

E

Exigeous

Thanks for getting back to me but that doesn't work either - ANY HTML tags I put in get stripped on update. Remember this is the "Biographical Info" field on the Edit User page so there isn't any visual/etc. editor - just the single box for it.

It does save it and display correctly (with CRs / NLs) when I go to edit it that just isn't displayed when the page shows the editor bio.

Other ideas or what am I missing?

sms-design

sms-design

You try this

&#60;p&#62;hello new words here..........&#60;&#47;p&#62;

<p>hello new words here.......... </p>

E

Exigeous

Nope, as those codes get rendered in display it just shows <p>Text here</p> on the actual page, it doesn't actually treat that as an HTML tag to create the breaks.

Other ideas???

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official