By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Connecting button to trigger pop-up

S

savagestar

Hello, I'm putting together a sales funnel. Have most of it done. The problem I'm having is that I added a button on my landing page for people to click on. Once they click the button a pop-up should fade down. But it is not working. Not sure what needs to be done.

Also, I want the pop-up to appear on the landing page only. But it shows up on the Thank you page and I don't want that to happen.
Thanks

Attachments

• popup.jpg
    popup.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 162
sms-design

sms-design

Your popup triggers are slightly wrong thus it's not working on button click, and it's appear on all pages because you need to set the conditions to a specific page.

S

savagestar

Thanks for your reply and help! I tried following the video but can't get to the condition, triggers, advanced settings. When I click the publish or up arrow next to publish it brings up the options of save as draft or save as template. That's the hitch for me. Am I suppose to be editing the pop-up? Not the landing page?
magic dot accessingwealth dot com

Attachments

• popup2.jpg
    popup2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
sms-design

sms-design

You have constructed your popup in a page not in the template builder which allows you to assign conditions

S

savagestar

Need clarification please. First time I'm building anything on WP. Is this what you're talking about? Should I have used Theme Builder right under popup's ? Where do I need to look or what to do?
Was able to get to the settings options.
Not clear on what to choose???
Appreciate your efforts!

Attachments

• popup3jpg.jpg
    popup3jpg.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 152
  • popup4.jpg
    popup4.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
sms-design

sms-design

As you are new to WP/Elementor I would suggest you head over to you tube and watch so Elementor getting started type videos.

I would suggest searching for Ferdy, WpTuts, Bjorn, Ben Pines.

And I appreciate this is not a direct answer to your problem, but without an understanding of the system your problems are only going to get greater going forwards, and more frustrating.

S

savagestar

Thanks, really appreciate you response and suggestions.
Been watching allot of youtube videos on WP, Elementor and Pro. I get more understanding each time I watch a video. I've watched Ferdy and Ben Pines. Thanks for letting me know about the other two.

sms-design

sms-design

From your screenshot on triggers it's front page second option (assuming that you popup is on your home page)

S

savagestar

omg, I think I got it to work the way I want it. I had to go to the library and try it on their computer. I tweaked and tweaked until it worked.
Thanks for the info and knowledge you shared with me. woo hoo!

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official