By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Client Access/Website Handover

M

mckenziedesign

Hello,

Just wondering how other users of Elementor are signing off finished websites and handing over to clients?

What kind of access are you giving clients to update content - is it through the Elementor app?

I've never used ACF but would this offer an alternative - wp posts dynamically displayed in the design and not allowing a client near Elementor?

Any advice/suggestions would be great.

M McKenzie

elementor official
A

Agemo

Is it really wise to give a client access to elementor, but how can you do it without buying more licenses?

It is a bit like giving your client photoshop or your design program to update their site. To me this seem not only impracticable but a real no no if you want ot run your own business, how do you protect your own value in the chain - why did they hire you in the first place!? :D

As a business you want your client to come to you for updates and major changes.

If they need to blog, that's easy give them access to the WP backend. You can also install plugin to limit what they see in the backend of WP. This is also good because they do not need to see clutter.

If they need a shop, maybe you give them access to the WooCommerce parts but that's it.

It also depends on the kind of website the client required. Was elementor the right choice for the design brief?

More question than answers methinks. ;)

elementor official
M

mckenziedesign

Hi Agemo,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I agree about giving the client access to Elementor - think it would cause more problems than it's worth!

The blog pages are straightforward for a client to administer, it's more the content on the static pages that have been created in Elementor that I was wondering about. I've never tried Advanced Custom Fields with Dynamic content - maybe this will be an option?

Cheers,

M McKenzie

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official