By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Change menu header color on a single page(s) from transparent

B

Bill Burns

I have the sticky header addon widget and my home page is set up for a transparent header. It works great. Now that I'm adding pages to the site I need to have the rest of them not have a initial transparent header. It needs the color that the home page transitions to.

1. Home page with initial transparent header-scroll up background color come up for it.
2. New page. I want to somehow turn off the transparency-just have the solid color background for all new pages.

Since the sticky header widget or the actual menu / nav bar is for all pages I'm lost on how to maybe do this. On my homepage I have a video in the background and would love to keep the initial menu transparent since it shows part of the video.

Anyone have any ideas how to keep the front / home page transparent and all other pages with a solid background? / Turn off transparency

Thanks

Last edited:
sms-design

sms-design

Elementor Free / Pro

Could you help us with some more information about version of
  • wordpress
  • elementor free/pro
  • widgets
  • plugins
  • themes
  • Web browser
  • OS mac/pc/linux
Screenshot or site url which you can add like this **mywebsite.com/mypage may help people answer your questions.

B

Bill Burns

Wordpress:5.3.2
Elementor. Running current versions for Elementor & Elementor Pro
Widgets: Sticky Header Effects for Elementor 1.3.2 (This is the key widget that creates transparency for Nav Bar, etc...
Theme: Hello and Hello Child theme for elementor
Web Browser: Chrome
Running Windows on desktop.

sms-design

sms-design

As you have ElemPro I would suggest building page templates via the theme builder, so your menu for all pages would be applied site wide excluding your homepage with the video which would be transparent.

If you not familiar with the Theme Builder this video will help explain.

B

Bill Burns

Thanks. So with the template for a page(s) I would be able to use the current menu but be able to change remove the transparency. Do you know if I could still use the sticky header for elementor widget or just use the native Nav/menu in pro? Either way I will try it. Never thought of that.Thanks Again

sms-design

sms-design

There is one more plugin that will save you massive amounts of time when building out your site and that's a backup plugin like "All In One Migration" just remember to delete your backup files before going live they can take a lot of server space

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official