By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question Can I link a gallery to a single image that isn't visible until the image is clicked?

Soodlebug

Soodlebug

Hello – I am new to WP/Elementor and am helping a friend build a simple portfolio style website for her business. I'm using theme: OceanWP and Elementor Pro.

She wants to organise her work by client – so ideally, she'd like a grid of client logos and when one logo is clicked (eg client A),a lightbox style gallery pops up and the viewer can scroll through the work done for that client: A1, A2, A3 etc. As soon as you click off the light box, the gallery is no longer visible on the page.

I'd thought there might be a way of saving a series of small galleries (one per client) and then linking to them via urls – is this possible? And if so, where would the galleries be stored? I can't see a way of doing this.

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks
Soo

Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

I tried to do something similar, but I want to link to a specific page depending on the logo clicked. I ended up making a template that had tabs. Within each tab was the shortcode to the image with the link to the actual page. You can try something like that...
Remember to have the top tab with no label or content so when the tab is closed, it can't be seen.

Soodlebug

Soodlebug

Hello Koni – thanks for the reply. I've not come across tabs before but have now watched some tutorial videos. Can you add images to a tab, or just text? Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official