By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Can client create posts without using elementor, but still have the template we created in elementor

H

Heavily Modded

One of our clients wants to use Elementor, which is why I am getting up to speed on it. My assumption was that we could use Elementor to style the posts, but that client could still edit content in traditional wordpress format. However, when I do use existing WP fields ( title, body ) they cause problems with Elementor and it creates duplicate text.

Does client have to use Elementor on EVERY post they make? If this is the case, is it possible for us to use Elementor to create fixed templates that make use of the existing WP fields? We only want certain permission levels to be able to edit these templates - our Editors should just be entering text and images...

Thanks in advance!

PS: How do I flag a thread a question?

elementor official
markdaps

markdaps

For my blog, I have created single post templates using the theme builder in EM Pro.

There are dynamic options to design your template for title, featured image, body content, meta and more.

In the display conditions, you have many options to choose from i.e. template for specific post cats etc.

In EM Pro, there are options in the 'Role Manager' to set user type permissions for the template.

This way, you can do as you require.

elementor official
H

Heavily Modded

ok, so I'm creating a single post template, then the Editor can select that templte when creating a post. And they will NOT have to use elementor? They can enter in fields like in traditional WP.

elementor official
markdaps

markdaps

Yeah, can use Gutenberg plus custom fields too if required.

Dynamic content can be pulled into your template. The user would not have to edit the post using EM, but just the normal way as you mention.

See a post on one of my sites -> wirralbiz.co.uk/40-of-local-councils-found-to-be-greenwashing/

I can add a new blog post adding content via Gutenberg and the template layout that I chosen is used.

elementor official
elementor official