By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Button sending me to Twenty Seventeen theme, not Elementor

T

traces95z

My button links me to the default Wordpress Twenty Seventeen theme, not my webpage using Elementor.

Please help. Thanks.

sms-design

sms-design

You need to set your home page. wp admin > settings > reading > set a home page

And add a default menu. wp admin > appearance > menus

T

traces95z

Let's forget the button for a moment.
I currently have HOME as one page for my whole website. One can just scroll the whole site. I want to add pages so I can divide my HOME page to multiple pages then create a menu bar for HOME, SERVICES, ESTIMATE. I want to stop seeing the "Twenty Seventeen" page.

Set to Home Page.
Screenshot (212).png

Menu page: Home includes scrolling my whole website
Screenshot (209).png

If I create a new page so as to divide my home page to separate pages, I get the twenty seventeen showing in elementor...not my own page I created from scratch.

Screenshot (210).png

Last edited:
sms-design

sms-design

Your theme is set Twenty Seventeen wp admin > appearances > themes

Here is a good video to get you started the interesting part starts around 4mins

T

traces95z

Thanks for the video.
I changed my active theme from Twenty Seventeen to Hello Elementor.
However, I originally created my website using the Elementor Page Builder plug in.
However, when I create the top menu, it is only added to the Hello Elementor theme, not my website in Elementor plug in. How do I create a menu on my website instead of on Hello Elementor theme.

Thanks.

My website in Elementor:
Screenshot (217).png

Hello Elementor page:
Screenshot (219).png

Last edited:
sms-design

sms-design

In the theme builder you have to assign your header footer design to all pages sorry to keep pointing you at videos but why reinvent the wheel.

T

traces95z

Thanks for your help but I am not using Pro and the previous video did not answer my question.

Can't you explain to me the relationship between my two pages posted above...Hello Elementor theme and the Elementor plug in? And why my menu and button links all go to the Hello Elementor theme and not my webpage that is in the Elementor plug in?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
dhanmer

dhanmer

I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve so if I am mistaken, please tell me and I'll try my hardest to help you out.

I am guessing you are making a one page website where you want a menu which when you click "SERVICES" it will scroll down to the correct section on the home page?

If this is the case, the best thing to do would be to add a SERVICES section on your home page and add a Menu Anchor with an ID of services. Then build your section for your services like normal. This way you build your entire site on one page instead of having multiple pages.

When you are finished building the section, exit Elementor and go to Appearances > Menu. Next add a Custom Link with the URL being #services and the text as Services. I've added screenshots for you to see what I mean - I hope this helps.

In regards to your overall theme, I would recommend you use Astra or OceanWP with Elementor.

Attachments

• Services Anchor Menu.png
    Services Anchor Menu.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Menu Anchor.png
    Menu Anchor.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 187
sms-design

sms-design

As you are using ElemFree I would suggest the following plugins

T

traces95z

Thanks! You got it right and everything is working properly. One issue I had was that though visible, the menu was "hidden" behind some sections/columns rendering the cursor ineffective. I lowered the margins there and the cursor works on the menu now and I got the button working as well.

Last question: How do I "fix" the menu so I can scroll with the menu visible at all times? And while I'm at it, is there a way to move the menu to different locations?

Thanks.

Last edited:
dhanmer

dhanmer

I
Thanks! You got it right and everything is working properly. One issue I had was that though visible, the menu was "hidden" behind some sections/columns rendering the cursor ineffective. I lowered the margins there and the cursor works on the menu now and I got the button working as well.

Last question: How do I "fix" the menu so I can scroll with the menu visible at all times? And while I'm at it, is there a way to move the menu to different locations?

Thanks.

Unfortunately this only a PRO feature however you could look at third party plugins which might help. There's one called "Sticky Menu on Scroll, Sticky Header, Sticky Welcome Bar" but I'm sure there will loads more to choose from.

"WP Floating Menu – One page navigator, sticky menu for WordPress" also let's you move the menu to different positions so this plugin might be better for your needs.

I hope this helps

T

traces95z

Does good SEO call for many pages vs a one-page scrolling website?

sms-design

sms-design

SEO is not just words on a page it is also page load speed so loads of stuff on a one pager will slow load time, also you are only presenting one page to a search engine.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official