By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Better blog query operation

R

Rick

Hi. I'm building a site in Elementor and want to have three separate blog sections. One section only displays one category of posts, the other two several categories, with one being a subset of the other.

I've been playing around with the post blocks in Pro and Essential Addons, but they're not of much help in doing what I'd like, which is the following:

Query posts by category, or tags, or year, or by date range, or by category and category, and date and etc. When the query is returned, I'd like to have a navigation element that moves to the next grouping of posts.

This is surprisingly difficult to do. WordPress as a blogging system is actually terrible at anything other than basic blog organization, but elementor can't seem to get the job done either, though I've not explored every option. I can see how some of this can be done by creating year categories and assigning them post blocks, as well as other categories, but setting up a query process is tricky. For instance, EA Smart Post List might do the trick, but not sure about its navigation.

In any event, if there's a blog post organization and display maven out there who can provide some assistance, I'd be very appreciative. As an incentive to help, I'll send you an ARC copy of my latest book, "In Search of Stupidity: Over 40 Years of High-Tech Marketing Disasters, Third Edition."

Any tricks and insight much appreciated!

rick

elementor official
Last edited:

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official