By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Auto Save / Revisions = Doesn't Seem "Right"

C

cool_bob

A New WP "Feature" or Elementor "Feature"??

I am running in circles with this one. Have post my question multiple forums and not hit the nail yet.
I have a 100% new site, (rebuilding it). New hosting package, new WP install (5.6),no db rolled from the previous db, a FEW "new-to-me" plugins, etc. I am LITERALLY starting my site over from scratch.

My concern.
Revisions are driving me nuts! I did not have this problem on my old site using the previous version of WP. The WP forums say it is a Elementor issue. (I was using Elementor on my old site too, and this was not happening there).

Example.
I create a page, save, exit back to "all pages", chose that same page, and i get a auto save notice at the top of the editor (using Elementor). When i click "Edit With Elementor" the page loads and i get a pop up at the bottom left telling me about revisions. The page SOMETIMES has my most recent work on it, and other times my most recent work is a few revisions back. I understand that WP saves revisions every sixty seconds.

Steps Tried:
> Deactivate all plugins except Elementor. Clear Cache.
> Test. Same thing.
> Changed cache setting around in WP, clear, test, same thing. Set back to original setting.
> Host cleared the server cache. Same thing.
> Host has turned off server cache to eliminate that from my testing.
> I have switched from using FireFox to Chrome. Same results. Back to FireFox now.

Is this revision thing something NEW in WP 5.6, or is it in Elementor, and how can i stop this mess? It's a chore to need to check the timestamps in the revision list every time and try to remember how long ago i was on THIS page ver one of the OTHER pages.

Thanks ahead of time all! It's getting frustrating.

elementor official

Attachments

• auto_save.jpg
    auto_save.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 21
  • draft_notice.jpg
    draft_notice.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 20
  • revision_4.jpg
    revision_4.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 17
  • revisions_1.jpg