By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Attaching text to a Form Field

NL_Derek

NL_Derek

I have an Elementor form where the user can enter a number of preferences with 2-4 values for each, but each preference needs significant explanatory text. Also I wish to visually emphasise the connection between the text and the choice made by the user. This is not an ecommerce site but it is a sort of ordering procedure (we will provide small quantities free, and make individual contact for larger shipments).

My options for Field Type seem to be Select (dropdown) (or Radio buttons) but the only text attached to these is the Label, which is intended for short text.

I have found a solution where I:
(1) paste a large amount of text into the Label box,
(2) include HTML formatting (<h2>, <br> etc) in that text,
(3) enclose the text in a <div> which allows me to:
-(a) enclose the text in a box, using CustomCSS background-color and border properties,
-(b) extend the box using margin-bottom and padding-bottom so that it also covers the Select field.

You can see the result on test.corryderek.nl/klein/ ; it is in Dutch but the structure should be clear (test site valid as of 6 Aug 2021, likely to remain for some weeks).

This is of course an alpha hack :) and is likely to be hard to maintain in a few years time.

Is there a cleaner way to group the selections with explanatory text? My site uses Elementor Pro under OceanWP, if that matters.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official