By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Adding 'scroll-snap-type' function using Elementor

B

benmoffat

I'm currently building myself a new portfolio website and Elementor is working a treat for me to finally get the look and layout I want.

One feature I'm wanting to add is the ability for the page to snap to the closest container/Section on the screen.

I found a post explaining what would need to be done in a normal HTML environment. However I'm unsure about how I would implement this into an Elementor page made up of a series of Sections.

If anyone has experience with this kind of thing I'd greatly appreciate any guidance you have to offer!

elementor official
Last edited:
Kishorchand

Kishorchand

I use CSS Scroll-Snap on my homepage but the problem is that it doesn't work properly on Desktop without some JS to drag around so that i only enabled scroll-snap on Mobile devices only. Because you don't scroll on mobile you swipe.

If you want to use Scroll-snap on your project using Elementor pro : Drag and drop HTML widget and start writing HTML, CSS and JS ( if necessary)

Here the tutorials i use

1. alligator. io/css/scroll-snapping/
2. css-tricks. com/practical-css-scroll-snapping/
3. developer.mozilla. org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/scroll-snap-type

elementor official
elementor official