By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Add an unsubscribed Mailchimp contact

O

olivierS

Hello,

I have an Elementor form widget connected to my Mailchimp audience via the API.
This is mainly to send me request by mail. But at the same time I propose to the user to subscribe to my newsletter with a agreement checkbox.
For now, all users sending a request are added to my Mailchimp audience with the tag "Contact form" and the value of the check box ("on" if checked) in a dedicated "Subscribed" field, but they have the value "Subscribed" in the core field "Email Marketing".
The tag and the "Subscribed" field value help me to filter users who didn't agree.

But I would like to automatize that stuff, maybe by adding a hook, or at least not make them "Email Marketing" subscribed when they send a request but simply added as new contact without subscription. In this second case it would be better to avoid sending a newsletter to contact without agreement.
However, I would like to know where do I need to code something to seperate subscribed and unsubscribed contacts to add in Mailchimp ?
I have never been further than using the visual Elementor builder.

A last think which would be helpful for me, is to know how can I view http requests not sent by my browser but sent directly by the server ? For example the request sent to Mailchimp API ? Is there any Elementor/Wordpress plugin for that ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

elementor official
elementor official