By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

2.3.0 forces a white background on images

novatm

Hi there

I just updated the plugin to 2.3.0, and all the images on my canvas page suddenly have a white background. They use transparent PNGs to let the page background show through, but there is now an oversized white square behind them. I tried to edit the page in Elementor, but I couldn't fix it. If I placed new images, they were properly transparent, but as soon as I click off a section, or hit publish or preview, the white background appears.

I have rolled back to 2.2.7 and my page looks good again, but I would like to be able to update in the future without this issue

Thanks

Community

Administrator
Staff member
We've noticed this on a few installs as well, Seems a white background is being placed on WP captions, even though captions are "disabled" on the image. Rather frustrating when you have transparent images.

A work around for this is simply adding this CSS to your global Custom CSS :

CSS:
.wp-caption {
    background: transparent;
}
Obviously if you use captions though you may want to check to see if they look ok, we don't use them on our sites so we can get away with it.

Other Elementor Resources

If you would like to get your elementor resource listed below, get in touch we'd love to do a bit of cross promotion and help the community find even more Elementor Goodies.
  • Coming Soon
  • Coming Soon
  • Coming Soon
  • Coming Soon