By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question “Rebuild” a site with a new theme ?

P

PacoFs

Hi all !

I created an e-commerce a few months ago but the theme I chose at the beginning is starting to show its limits, it includes WPBakery and I’d like to change the theme to have something faster, with Elementor.

What’s the way forward? I prefer that my site stay online and I can be able to work on its new version with the new theme and the new builder. I thought about working locally but I have a doubt about the database, there may be new users and new commands in the meantime, the problem is that the local db will not be updated, so what will happen when I will copy my local version to the online version ? News users will be deleted ?
Is it bad to switch to another builder? Should I start from scratch ? And then migrate my db about users ?

I also paid for extensions with a single-use license and I was wondering if a local duplication of my site could create conflicts?

Thanks for your help !

elementor official
P

PacoFs

I think I will work locally with xampp starting from 0 and then import my orders, customers, etc. from my live site to the new site. Do you know if it’s possible to do that ?

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official